San Jose State University : Nutrition, Food Science, and Packaging
Nutrition & Food Science Student Club
Sign up for a NuFS Club Membership!!
Benefits of becoming a NuFS Club member:
- Support the Club and its officers
- Contribute to NuFS Club fundraising efforts
- Network with peers and professionals in your field
- Receive the NuFS Club newsletter [view previous issues]
- Receive e-mail notices for speakers and other events
- Add to your resume
- Be eligible for scholarships
1 year membership: $18.00 (Fall and Spring)
1 semester membership: $10.00 (Spring)
Membership dues are part of the club's fundraising activities. Fundraising is needed for (but not limited to):
- Convocation is the department graduation ceremony for peers, family, and friends.
- Scholarships may be awarded to members for attending meetings and workshops offered by professional organizations such as the American Dietetic Association (ADA), California Dietetic Association (CDA), San Jose Peninsula Dietetic Association (SJPD), and the Institute of Food Technologists (IFT). Possibilities include ADA and IFT annual meetings, Trends Seminar (SJPD), and CDA Public Policy Education Day.
- Department Gift
- The Nutrition, Food Science, and Packaging Department gift is presented in May at the department convocation.
These gifts are available for department use, as well as NuFS club use.
- Previous Issues of Club Newsletter
- October 2010 (pdf file)
- February 2009 (pdf file)
- December 2008 (pdf file)
- November 2008 (pdf file)
- October 2008 (pdf file)